Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Where Writers Write: J. A. Tyler


Welcome to another installment of TNBBC's Where Writers Write!

Where Writers Write is a weekly series that will feature a different author every Wednesday as they showcase their writing spaces using short form essay, photos, and/or video. As a lover of books and all of the hard work that goes into creating them, I thought it would be fun to see where some of TNBBC's favorite authors roll up their sleeves and make the magic happens.



Today's post is by J. A. Tyler, author of A Man of Glass & All the Ways We Have Failed from Fugue State Press and No One Told Me I Was Going to Disappear, co-authored with John Dermot Woods, from Jaded Ibis Press. His work has appeared with Black Warrior ReviewRedividerDiagramNew York Tyrant, and others. 


Shrouded in mystery, J.A. sends us this short but extremely personal peek into his writing space.





Where J.A. Tyler Writes When He Writes 








This is my kitchen table. It was a wedding present, which makes it thirteen years old. My laptop is only one year old. And there is a coffee cup, a half-sized one that I love. I drink coffee when I write. There are also my headphones. I listen to music when I write. Right now, I’m into Fun and Regina Spektor and Jukebox the Ghost and The Shins and The Decemberists. Everything else you can see is clean and neat, because I need clean and neat to write, I need my environment to be clear and minimal so that my writing can sprawl without guilt. And there are the windows too, and shades of our maple tree, which changes in the seasons, and infects my writing more than anything else.





Check back next week to see where Rachel in the OC - the Queen of Snark - finds her inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this J.A. Tyler. Kitchen table, coffee, music, laptop, clean & neat, maple tree.

    ReplyDelete